Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Thing # 10


I love the image generators! We have used Wordle a lot at Pine Shadows to create vocabulary lists, but I had never seen any of the other sites. All of them were very easy to navigate. Here is one that I created....I'm anxious to take pictures and put them on my computer so that I can personalize some images instead of just using pictures that came on the computer. I made this sign because it reminded me of a friend who loves bison!! I made it so I could send it to him. I also made a puzzle on Image Chef http://www.imagechef.com which is probably my favorite image generator. There are so many different ways you can manipulate pictures, so many different ways my students could illustrate information they find during research. I also like the personal use I could get out of these sites. I've already been thinking about making a puzzle on Dumpr http://dumpr.net with a picture from our family trip to Marfa, and having an actual puzzle made. Again I am overwhelmed by the possibilites that are available on the internet. Every time I use these sites I think about compatible they will be with the Promethean board. On Image Chef you can create different borders for pictures. I would love to take a class picture and create a cool boarder for my students, or make them as rewards for hard work. My students are going to love what they find on these sites.
I'm hoping that somewhere there is a page that will be accessible in the fall with all of these sites on them. I've taken note of some of my favorites, like the two I have links for here, and am adding to my list every single day!

No comments:

Post a Comment