Friday, July 9, 2010

Thing #14

Technorati and tags wasn't so successful for me today. I tried searching for School Library Learning 2.0 in blog posts, tags, and in the blog directory, but nothing came up. I then tried to look at popular blogs on Technorati, but that was "currently unavailable." Hmmmm, not sure why this isn't working. I'll come back to this assignment tomorrow and see if I can get these searches to work. I feel like Technorati takes so long to load because of all the advertisement on it, it sometimes doesn't seem worthwhile. But, I'll keep trying.
As for the tags, in Technorati, I could only find the most popular tags. I'm not sure if there's a way to search specific tags, or if you just see what's most popular. I was expecting there to be a search bar in the tags, but if it's there, I haven't found it.
I like the idea that consumers make the tags more popular and that the more popular things have more prominent tags. Also the community aspect of tagging is interesting. I think that could be very valuable to teaching.....one could get connected with other teachers who are searching and using similar content in their classrooms and could share ideas and sites. There is so much that can be learned from other people, and tagging and all of these sharing sites really foster that.
I also claimed my blog on Technorati which was a big sucess for me today!

No comments:

Post a Comment