Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Thing #12

How to Comment Like a King or Queen definitely made me think more about commenting and made me want to comment more. However, a lot of what she said was more common sense. Only offer constructive comments. Only comment if it is meaningful and will add to the blog. Points like that made me think, yeah, I know that, I wouldn't want negative comments on my blog either. The biggest thing was that it did make me think more about blogging. Which made me laugh when I got to the podcast about lurking. I'm definitely a lurker....I like reading the information, I just don't always think to leave a comment. I sometimes feel like I don't have a good comment to add to a blog. As I comment though, I am making more of an effort to become an active reader who contributes to the blogs I read.

As I go through this "Thing" I have commented on the following blogs:
21st Centry Here I Come!
23 Tech Time
All My Things
Ladybug
Firefly Flight
I'm finding it very interesting to read about each person's journey through 23 Things. Everyone has a different perspective and a completely different experience through the things. I love getting new ideas about how to use these things in my classroom.
I have posted 2 comments now on blogs outside of the Library2Play blogs. One I posted on my cousin's blog which I have never really taken the time to read, and the other was Houston Garden Girl. When I began this adventure of 23 Things, blogs didn't really interest me. As I read them, I am amazed by the talent out there and the knowledge that can be acquired from them. I'm loving it!

1 comment:

  1. I agree with your thoughts on commenting, especiaslly the importance of positive, thoughtful comments. Too many comments seem to be just ramblings of the blogger's own opinions. I also liked your mention of "lurking." I find myself doing that sometimes, also.

    ReplyDelete