Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Thing #23

I can't believe I'm finished!!! It's been a great journey of learning. It took me a while longer than I had anticipated, but I enjoyed every minute.

I loved learning about Flickr and Photo Story. I like having a creative outlet and being able to incorporate my photos. Google Reader was also great and I got into reading blogs a lot more than I thought. I've been able to enjoy my cousin's blog as well as some good ones about recipes and education. And, I'm really excited to use a wiki during the school year to help my team plan more efficiently. There are tons of resources that I could continue to list that will greatly enhance my classroom. Rollyo will be great for narrowing searches for my students, and the photo projects like Flickr and Photo Story can be a great avenue for them to express what they've learned on a particular subject. I don't think there was anything in the 23 Things that I didn't like, that wouldn't benefit my classroom! Great job in selecting 23 pertinent and interesting things!

23 Things has allowed me to continue learning over the summer. I knew a fraction of what I do now about resources on the internet. I believe I will continue using these resources to learn more about education and news and new concepts. The internet provides so many learning opportunities that I can enjoy at my own pace at any time.

I really like the format and concept of this program. There was always enough of a tutorial to help figure out how to do things like including pictures and videos, etc. into my blog. Everything was easy to do on my own. I really liked the In Plain English explanations of things.

There are so many take-aways from this program. I can use almost everything I learned with confidence in my classroom. Before doing 23 Things, I used the Promethean Board in my classroom about 40 - 50% of the time and was hesitant to try any projects on the computer in the library. Now, I'm really excited to have computers in my classroom this coming year and will probably sign up for computer time in the library so that my students can do more of these hands-on, technology projects. I also can't wait to use the 3rd grade camera to add creativity and participation to class projects.

I would definitely take more classes like this if they were offered and am excited to share what I've learned with my teammates, my students, and my school. I really have enjoyed this program and have really liked being able to discover things on my own time with a little help from online tutorials.

23 Things is a wonderful learning experience of internet discovery and self discovery.

I plan to keep my blog going and continue to learn from the other people I have connected with through these 23 Things. Will I still be able to access 23 Things during the school year? I have kept a list of my favorite websites, but it would be great to have access to the blog for more internet insight.

1 comment:

  1. Yes , the 23 Things blogs and info will remain where you can access it. and there will be another program offered next summer called Library2Play 2...watch for it in the Spring.

    ReplyDelete