Saturday, July 10, 2010

Thing #19

From the Web 2.0 Awards I chose to check out Wetpaint. I created a page in hopes that my 3rd grade team would get on board once school starts and use my site as a medium for sharing ideas, websites, promethean board flip charts, pictures, calendars, upcoming events, important team leader tidbits, etc. I think I was hoping that Wetpaint or any of the other wikis would be more like iGoogle where you can have a calendar, weblinks, and constant updates. I think I'm looking for a cross between iGoogle and a wiki where we could have weblinks on the side, a calendar, and a place to post and discuss things. Wetpaint has a ton of ads that are pretty annoying, but I'm not really wanting to pay to get rid of them. I'm hoping that my team will at least look at my Wetpaint site and try to post some ideas on it. My thought is that 1) everyone can see what's going on at the same time instead of emails being sent out, 2) changes can easily be made, 3) everyone can post, comment, add links and ideas at their own convenience, so it's effective even when we aren't physically together during planning. We could even add links and sites as we find them instead of having to say, "I'll get you that link," and forgetting to bring it to planning. I like the community feel of it and the sharing. I think it could be very beneficial for my team.

No comments:

Post a Comment