Saturday, July 10, 2010

Thing #16

I love wikis! I have heard the term several times and even through 23 Things have seen it, but never knew what it was. I wrote in SANDBOX what I'll write here.....I'm really excited to share my knowledge of wikis with my 3rd grade team. I keep thinking about how much it could enhance our planning. If we had one, everyone could add links, videos, cool websites, you name it, at their leisure and then we could easily access the information instead of having to look stuff up on our own. Our team leader could post information that we need to know about. Our librarian could also be linked to it and add links and information as she saw fit. I'm really excited about this, and definitely think it could make our planning more efficient and meaningful. Planning could be a continuous discussion between us even when we aren't phisically in the same room discussing ideas.
I'm not sure how well wikis would work in a 3rd grade classroom. I really like what I saw in the middle school and high school ones, but I'm sure my 3rd graders would surprise me!

No comments:

Post a Comment