Saturday, July 10, 2010

Thing # 17

Rollyo! I created an account on Rollyo and added it to my browser. I also added sites that I might want my students to use when doing research projects. I've included the link to my Rollyo Search Engine. http://rollyo.com/rknapp/my_rknapp/
Rollyo is somewhat similar to Delicious, but I might like it even better. I love the idea of my students having certain websites to choose between. It makes their research so much easier, a lot more efficient, and keeps them from wasting a lot of time. I was thinking that Rollyo would be difficult for me because I don't have that many ideas for good websites, but as I got to thinking, there were plenty I could add. Also, our librarian has a page full of good websites. I could easily look through those and choose pertinent ones to add. I also like the fact that I can create different Search Engines for different projects and can add good websites from other users, editing what I don't want, but including what I do.

1 comment:

  1. Hi--
    I agree with everything in your post! For elementary age students (which is what I teach), Rollyo is a much more useful tool than Delicious. I set up a search roll to get my kids started on their famous people projects. So much more time efficient!

    ReplyDelete