Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Thing #9

Searching for Blogs has turned out to be more difficult than I anticipated. I think I'm having a hard time because I'm not really sure what to search for, and don't always have time to keep up with several blogs that I'm not 100% interested in. I think it could definitely be helpful for school if I keep searching out different education related blogs. For the exercise I tried to find blogs about educational topics as well as things like Houston restaurants, healthy eating, and news. I didn't really find much worthwhile. However, the most useful site was Edublog's Award Winners. That was helpful because it was not only education related, but also helped illuminate quality blogs for me. Topix.net was pretty confusing and I thought that Technorati would be good, but it took forever to load. I wasted so much time just waiting for ads to load that I finally gave up and closed the site. I did find a feed of The Onion which was really entertaining, not useful at all so to speak, but it's hilarious. I am truly hoping that as I continue on my endeavor of 23 Things that I will become more comfortable with blogs and will become more aware of blogs that are worth my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment