Saturday, July 3, 2010

Thing #8

Readers and RSS. Today I signed up for Google Reader and checked out some of the blog spots. At first I had a hard time determining which blogs were really relevant and spent some time subscribing and unsubscribing until I was happy with my blog subscriptions. I think that as I become more familiar with Google Reader I will like this feature better, but right now it's not my favorite "thing". I found a few blogs about 3rd grade lesson plans, creative writing prompts, and one called "Totally 3rd Grade Blog". I'm hoping that these RSS's will give me good ideas that I can use in the classroom. I especially liked the writing prompts as I feel that it is very important for my students to constantly be writing, but don't always have good prompt ideas. There were a couple of blogs which I subscribed to for my personal use. One was about book clubs. The posts talk about different books coming out which I thought would enhance my personal reading. Another one I found was about the goings on of Houston, something I thought might be interesting, but only time will tell.
As educators, we can take advantage of the readers by easily staying abreast of the latest education news, or constantly receiving new ideas for how to teach things. I like the idea of incorporating these blogs into my daily reading, just for ideas that I can use in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment