Saturday, July 3, 2010

Thing # 7

There was so much available through Google that I didn't even know about! In Google Docs there are great templates like the one I attached above. My students can learn about the 3 levels of government and then fill the template with pictures and information they have acquired. There were also great templates for attendance, for student progress, for lesson plans. Having a template often times makes organizing information so much easier. Like I've said in posts before, I'm really excited to combine what I'm learning here with all the resources on the Promethean board!
I also created an iGoogle page and customized it. I included movies, recipes, news, weather, and a few other things I was interested in. For this project I took off my personal email, but for the future it will be great to have my own page attached to my email. As for educational uses, students could customize their own page and keep track of information they are interested in. When we do our unit on weather, they could track the weather patterns for several weeks by adding a weather gadget. There is also some great art that can be included on their pages. There are also books of the day and games they could include. I keep saying this, but I am competely amazed by the amount of free resources that are available. They will be so great for the classroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment